No doubt we all love pasta and it is always been an exciting food in our menu no matter how we make or how we eat. Most of us bought it from the store but with a little effort we can easily make it at home which is much more hygienic and healthier than the one from the store. In the following article, we will show you the method to make homemade pasta with your pasta maker in the easiest way and the best thing is you can pick your own ingredients and you can totally control it with your need and you don’t require special skills to operate your pasta machine. Believe me, you can make homemade pasta in a matter of minutes because the whole process is very quick and easy. The only thing you have to do is just follow the instruction and find out how easy it really could be.
How to Make Homemade Pasta with a Machine
A unique Italian food that spread all over the world with its delicious taste, a bit chewy and creamy took the pasta taste a whole new level. You can enjoy the same taste while making your own homemade pasta following the step by step process shown below with your pasta machine. Let’s explore your journey to learn how to make homemade pasta a classic Italian dish with homemade dough. The most interesting thing is you can add your own flavor on it and you can also give the pasta a different shape.
For six people you need about (600g) flour and 6 eggs.
One small bowl
A board (Wooden) for the pasta dough
One sharp knife
Pasta making machine
- At first pour some flour on the board/table to start the process.
- We will use our flour now to make small/medium size mound and it will be easy to work if we make a well in the center.
- Now take the bowl and start to crack all eggs and put them into the well. This little trick will make it much easier to find out any unwanted shell mix with dough.
- Use a fork to whisk the eggs and do the process gently and very carefully.
- At this point, you have to be a little bit careful and make sure the edges of flour come into the middle and quickly cover eggs all around. Do the process until whole eggs mixed with flour. You can use your hand at this level if you want.
- Use your both hand together to mix the dough nicely until it becomes smooth enough to form and ready to make pasta.
** It’s always better to keep some flour around you to get rid of sticky hand.
- At this point make sure you knead the dough again and again and check if it begins to firm and smooth enough to make your pasta.
- Now take a plastic wrapping paper and cover the dough for at least half an hour.
- After half an hour take out the wrapping paper and check the dough if it becomes soft enough.
- Now you are ready to make your own homemade pasta. From the whole mix cut some slices (approx 2- 2.5cm) and put them into the best pasta maker. Make sure you fold the slice when it goes through and does the process again.
** Do not forget to cover your remaining dough because it may become dry
- Try to make your pasta sheet smooth and try not to keep too thinner unless it’s ready to cut. You can use some extra flour to sprinkle if the sheet gets stick into the slot.
- At the end, it’s time to cut the pasta sheet and you can use a sharp knife to slice.
After finishing your all work the fresh pasta is ready to cook. You have to cook it right away because the homemade pasta is getting dry so quickly and cooking time also much less than the dried pasta. Just cook it for four to five minutes in salted boiling water and check it every one minute until it’s completely ready to cook. Prepare your own pasta adding flavor and ingredients as you like and garnish it with fresh herbs.
Now on you don’t have to buy it from the store anymore if you know how to make homemade pasta by using your pasta machine. Fresh pasta can be store too and to do that you have to hang the pasta strips into the rack and cover it with plastic wrapper. Just leave it for three hours to dry and store it in an airtight container and you can use it for up to four days.